Which SMART attributes are indicators of impending hard drive failure?
According to a study conducted by Backblaze on their own dataset, 5 SMART attributes seem to be the most important indicators of impending hard drive failure. These attributes are:
- SMART 5: Reallocated Sectors Count
- SMART 187: Reported Uncorrectable Errors
- SMART 188: Command Timeout
- SMART 197: Current Pending Sector Count
- SMART 198: Uncorrectable Sector Count
Read more about the topic here: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/what-smart-stats-indicate-hard-drive-failures/